The following is a press release from Classics at the Capital
Fifth Annual Car Show Welcomes Ray Price Harley-Davidson
RALEIGH, N.C., Aug. 6, 2014 – The Fifth Annual Carolina Classics at the Capital Presented by GEICO, the fastest-growing collector car show in the Southeast, will feature more than four acres of muscle cars, collectables, street rods and show cars inside the air-conditioned Raleigh Convention Center. New for 2014 are classic motorcycles, race bikes and merchandise from two-wheel racing legend and Hall of Famer Ray Price of Ray Price Harley-Davidson.
Event hours are Saturday, Aug. 16 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday, Aug. 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is just $10 for adults, $5 for kids 7 to 12, and free for 6 and under. Active and retired military personnel and senior citizens will receive a $2 discount on tickets.
This year’s car show will also feature a documentary presentation from David Wulff of the RTP Corvette Club on 2013’s million-dollar sinkhole disaster at the National Corvette Museum, Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
Popular returning features include:
- Dozens of vendors selling auto-related merchandise
- The Starlight Drive-In Theater with continuous showings of classic car movies
- Model T take-apart and reassembly demonstrations from the Triangle Chapter of the Antique Automobile Club of America.
- Giveaways from GEICO and appearances by the GEICO Gecko
- Live radio broadcasts by Curtis Media Stations 94.7 WQDR, Radio 96.1 and Pulse 102
- Awards presentations on Sunday at 1 p.m., including the coveted Sir Walter Cup for Best in Show and the GEICO Golden Gecko People’s Choice Award
“We are very happy to be partnering with Ray Price Harley-Davidson this year,” said Greg Cox, one of the event organizers. “Based on feedback from exhibitors and attendees, we’ve improved and grown this family-friendly event every year.”
Classics at the Capital is proud to have as its charity partner the Foundation of Hope for Research and Treatment of Mental Illness. A portion of show proceeds as well as the daily 50/50 raffle will be donated to the Foundation.
For more information about Carolina Classics at the Capital, visit www.classicsatthecapital.com or call (919) 896-7448. Additional information can be found on the Classics’ Facebook page or by following @capitalclassics on Twitter.
###[ct id="ct_Address_text_c29d" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Phone_text_621b" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Website_text_24ef" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Email_text_4352" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Hours_textarea_25b3" property="title | description | value"]