Why not try shopping small this holiday season! Of course there is nothing wrong with going to the major chains – but sometimes the local boutiques and smaller shops will unveil unique and personal gifts you can give to a loved one and show them you really thought about them this holiday. Raleigh has a plethora of great shops to help check names off your list, we’ve compiled some of the top spots to help you plan your next holiday shopping trip!
For the Chef
Trying to find a gift for someone who loves to cook can be tricky, they could want a specific type of whisk or emulsion blender and before you know it you’ve spent over $100 for some fancy spatulas. Instead think about what type of foods they love to cook. Do they like things spicy or savory, exotic or comforting? Create a spice pack/blend for your cooking aficionado or send your loved one a box of treats! Here are some of our favorite spots:
- Penzeys Spices: Cameron Village, 2038 Clark Avenue, Raleigh, NC – Spice gift boxes, mixes and more
- Savory Spice Shop: Lafayette Village, 8470 Honeycutt Road, Suite 108, Raleigh, North Carolina – Spice gift boxes, hot cocoa packets and more
- Triangle Raw Foods: Order online (before 12/16) – order a Raw Chocolate Gift Box!
- The Produce Box: Order gift baskets online – all products locally sourced!
For the Fashionista
There are several spots in and around Raleigh to find the right outfit or accessory for the trendy people on your shopping list. From fashion to fine jewelry, stilettos to boots, and little black dresses to the cranberry red ‘color of the season’ Raleigh has got you covered. Here are some of our favorite spots to find unique gifts for all your fashionistas:
- Hayley’s Boutique: North Hills, Lassiter at North Hills Ave, Raleigh, NC – Party dresses, casual and fun daywear, jewelry and handbags
- Stitch& Holly Aiken Bags: 20 E Hargett Street, Raleigh, NC – Tote bags and accessories built in Raleigh, NC
- Moon and Lola: 208 South Wilmington Street, Raleigh, NC – Monogrammed rings, necklaces, cuff links etc.
- Light Years: Cameron Village, 430 Daniels St., Raleigh, NC – Handmade jewelry
- Social Status: 308 Parham Street, Raleigh, NC – Unique menswear
For the Crafter
Raleigh is chalk full of fun shops to please the crafty people on your list! Think about filling a basket with fun yarns, beads, fabrics, paints etc. Get in touch with your creative side!
- Ornamentea: 509 N. West St, Raleigh, NC – Fine craft ingredients
- Yarn Tree Studio: 8801 Lead Mine Road, Suite 117, Raleigh, NC – Yarn, fiber, notions and gifts
- Great Yarns, Etc.: 1208 Ridge Road, Raleigh, NC – Latest yarns and accessories, as well as the tried-and-true standbys in stock
- Askew Taylor Paints, Art Supplies, & More!: 110 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC – Old-fashioned art supply and hobby shop
- Needlepoint.com: 3811 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC – Needlepoint kits and canvases
For the Athlete
Football, baseball, basketball, soccer… we have plenty of spots to find gifts for your athletes and sports fanatics. Heading into 2014, its the perfect time of year to gear up your athletes with the latest in workout fashions:
- Fleet Feet Sports: 3532 Wade Ave, Raleigh, NC – Running/walking shoes, orthotic inserts and apparel
- Capital Run Walk: Cameron Village, 430 Woodburn Road, Raleigh, NC – running shoes, apparel and accessories
- lululemon athletica: North Hills, 4421 Six Forks Rd, Suite 113, Raleigh, NC – Yoga-inspired athletic apparel
- Raleigh Running Outfitters: Outfitting every type of runner
- Raleigh: 7449 Six Forks Rd, Raleigh, NC
- Cary: 2773 NC Highway 55, Cary, NC
Looking for more ideas on gifts? Let us know whom or what you are looking for and we’ll make sure to make a guide![ct id="ct_Address_text_c29d" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Phone_text_621b" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Website_text_24ef" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Email_text_4352" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Hours_textarea_25b3" property="title | description | value"]