by Alyson M. Komyanek
I’m constantly looking for affordable ways to spice up the rooms in my house. Here are some of the best places to stop for the best decorating bargains:
Before I became a homeowner, I honestly had never heard of Home Goods. But now? We’re practically best friends. There are so many great deals in this place it’s unreal. From décor and window treatments to throws and end tables, the store has it all and for prices that can’t be beat. It’s a discount store…like TJ Maxx or Ross, so selections are sometimes limited, but it’s always worth checking out when you feel the urge to redecorate a room.
- Falls Village Shopping Center: 6661 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh, NC 27615
- Brier Creek Shopping Center: 8371 Brier Creek Parkway, Raleigh, NC 27617
- Crossroads Plaza: 255 Crossroads Boulevard, Cary, NC 27511
Target’s prices in general are fairly reasonable, but when using added deals like the Cartwheel App (if you don’t have it, stop what you’re doing right now and get it. Its free and provides you with the chance to choose additional sales on tons of items. It can be used in addition to other discounts, too), coupons and red card discounts, make it all the more affordable. Target’s selection isn’t as unique as Home Goods or DIYing it, but they have plenty of tems that will add a little improvement to any room.
- Apex Super Target: 1201 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex, NC 27502
- Cary Target: 2021 Walnut Street, Cary, NC 27518
- Cary West Target: 7129 O’Kelly Chapel Road, Cary, NC 27519
- Garner East Target: 1040 Timber Drive E, Garner, NC 27529
- Garner Target: 2700 Timber Drive, Garner, NC 27529
- Holly Springs Target: 100 Grand Hill Place, Holly Springs, NC 27540
- Raleigh Central Target: 4191 The Circle at North Hills Street, Raleigh, NC 27609
- Raleigh Highway 70 Target: 4841 Grove Barton Road, Raleigh, NC 27613
- Raleigh NE SuperTarget: 7900 Old Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, NC 27616
- Raleigh NW Target: 8651 Brier Creek Parkway, Raleigh, NC 27617
- Wake Forest SuperTarget: 12000 Retail Drive, Wake Forest, NC 27587
Warning…don’t go to Ikea unless you have 5 hours to get lost in a world of complete and utter fascination. Everything there is awesome. There are lighting fixtures that hang from the ceiling and boxes that fit inside of other boxes and waste baskets of all sizes and tables that would fit in even the tiniest of rooms and, well, it’s just mesmerizing, and cheap. The downfall here? The assembly. You’re supposed to follow the guy in the pictures…but that can be harder than it sounds. They’re delivery and shipping costs are also astronomical. I suggest in store shopping only.
- The closest Ikea in NC is located in Charlotte at 8300 IKEA Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28262 – so if you are up for a mini road trip ti’s a fun place to shop!
I’ve written about their coupon deals and amazing return policy before, but their inventory of home goods may be even more awesome. They have a vast selection to choose from at (usually) really ridiculously cheap prices. They offer a lot of sales and coupons too, so make sure you come prepared with your coupons and Kohl’s cash.
- Raleigh: 9600 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh, NC 27615
- Raleigh: 7822 Alexander Promenade Place, Raleigh, NC 27617
- Cary: 2350 Walnut Street, Cary, NC 27518
- Knightdale: 302 Hinton Oaks Boulevard, Knightdale, NC 27545
- Garner: 185 Shenstone Lane, Garner, NC 27529
- Wake Forest: 12620 Capital Boulevard, Wake Forest, NC 27587
- Apex: 1301 Beaver Creek Commons Drive, Apex, NC 27502
- Fuquay Varina: 640 Lakestone Commons Avenue, Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
I recently purchased new window treatments for my entire living room for only $40. I shipped the items to the store at no cost, and they arrived earlier than expected, were easy to install and are of good quality. Check them out next time you’re in need of curtains, blinds or shades.
- Raleigh: 4217 Six Forks Road, Suite 100, Raleigh, NC 27609
- Cary: 1105 Walnut Street, Cary, NC 27511
Yard Sales, Thrift Stores and oh yea, Flea Markets too.
While the piece may not be in perfect condition, you can buy it at a really great price and fix it up later, for a lot less than you would spend any place else. The downfall is that there is no guarantees they’ll have what you’re looking for and they’ll probably only have one, but it never hurts to check their before heading to any of the other stores I mentioned.
Happy decorating![ct id="ct_Address_text_c29d" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Phone_text_621b" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Website_text_24ef" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Email_text_4352" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Hours_textarea_25b3" property="title | description | value"]