May is National Hamburger Month and Bad Daddy’s has created a very special feature burger spotlighting several local ingredients. If a Mills Family Farm Beef Burger with Ashe County Habanero Cheddar, Heritage Farm Bacon Bourbon Jam and arugula on a brioche roll from Night Kitchen Bakehouse and Café doesn’t make your mouth water then we don’t know what will! The fine folks over at Bad Daddy’s have been so kind as to share the recipe for the burger’s Heritage Farm Bacon Bourbon Jam; it is easy to make and tastes great on burgers, toast, eggs, potatoes or even a spoon. So without further ado:
[ct id="ct_Address_text_c29d" property="title | description | value"]
Heritage Farm Bacon Bourbon Jam
- 3 pounds of Heritage Farm bacon
- 5 sweet yellow onions, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until it browns, leaving room for it to crisp properly. For this recipe you want the bacon to get as crispy as possible without burning. Transfer to paper towels to drain excess fat off.
- Leave about 2-3 tablespoons of the bacon fat in the pan. Add the onions and cook over medium heat until they start to caramelize. Add the garlic and cook for about one more minute.
- Add the maple syrup, balsamic, brown sugar, bourbon and coffee mixture to the pan, deglazing it. Return the bacon to the pan and lower the heat, allowing to mixture to simmer until thick and gooey.
- Transfer to a food processor and pulse to desired texture. Bad Daddy’s likes it chunky.
[ct id="ct_Phone_text_621b" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Website_text_24ef" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Email_text_4352" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Hours_textarea_25b3" property="title | description | value"]