The Southern Ideal Home Show, the Triangle’s largest home and garden event happening April 10-12 at the North Carolina State Fairgrounds, is a three-day showcase featuring more than 300 top area professionals in home and garden. While there are hundreds of reasons to come to the show, here are the top 10:
- Nationally-acclaimed designer Jamie Meares, owner of Furbish Studio in Raleigh and blogger at www.isuwannee.com, is partnering with the show for an entertaining extravaganza. Meares will present four workshops with valuable, take-home entertaining ideas. In addition, Meares, along with other local companies, will completely transform designated areas of the show to display several different tablescapes showcasing countless decorating ideas for entertaining.
- The Southern Ideal Home Show is teaming up with local wineries, restaurants and breweries for a Sip and Savor feature that highlights food pairings from the Triangle’s vibrant food scene. Participating vendors include: Compass Rose Brewery, b. Good, Fortnight Brewing Company, Iced Cupcakes, Iron Gate Vineyards, Fogwood Foods, Crude Bitter and Sodas, Oval Park Grille, Milton and Miles, G2B Restaurant and Brewery, Batterz Up, the Ice Storm, Six Plates Wine Bar, Nickelpoint Brewing Company, Bull City Ciderworks and Bam Pow Chow. View the complete schedule and menu details here.
- Partners in Design, a group of local interior design resources, will showcase ideas in traditional interior design and current trends. The group, coordinated by Marie Martin of MPM Designs, also includes retired interior designer Lisa Welde, Catherine Merriman of Raleigh Orchids, Cynthia Brooks, antique dealer, and many others. Browse the group’s beautiful room displays, created with new furniture, as well as vintage, refurbished and repurposed pieces. Everything on display will be for sale.
- The Green Home Builders of the Triangle is celebrating their 10th Annual Green Home Tour May 2nd-3rd and 9th-10th. See a glimpse of the tour and discover the future of green home building by visiting the High Performance, Green Building Pavilion in the Jim Graham Building. High performance companies and green builders will be on site throughout the weekend to demonstrate their products and discuss how you can save energy and money in your home. View the schedule here.
- Beverly Hurley with Triangle Gardener Magazine will get your spring garden ready with her presentation: Grow Something New This Year: The Top 10 “Must Have” Plants for the Garden. Hurley will appear Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Get a head start on spring home improvement projects with an extra $1,000, courtesy of WTVD ABC11 and Southern Shows, Inc. Register to win the $1,000 Shop the Show gift certificate here.
- Our exhibitors are offering more than just valuable information at this year’s show – they’re offering prizes! From discounts on hardwoods to a generator giveaway, the prizes are bigger and better than ever. See the complete listing of show deals here.
- Experts will help you design the perfect outdoor living area to relax, entertain and enjoy being at home. You’ll find everything from pools, spas, patios, decks, sunrooms, outdoor kitchens, trees and sod.
- Move Loot is the first curated, full-service online marketplace for buying and selling used furniture and home décor and Saturday is Move Loot Day at the show. Unlike peer-to-peer services or classified ads, Move Loot takes the burden off sellers by picking up their goods and selling them on their behalf. Two lucky winners will win a $750 gift card to Move Loot – just be sure to enter for the chance to win in the lobby of the Exposition Center.
- Get all of your home improvement questions answered at the Ask TheHomeMag pavilion at the show. The aisle will feature professionals who can assist with every aspect of any project, whether it’s a kitchen, bathroom or whole-house remodel. There are even experts on to assist with HVAC, garage doors and storage, window cleaning, deck restoration, solar energy, clean water, gutters and more.
Tickets are available at the door for $9 and children under 15 are free with a paying adult. Discounted tickets are available at Walgreen’s locations throughout the Triangle for a cost of $7. Friday is 55+ Day (tickets are $7 for anyone 55 and older) and Hero Day (free admission for those with active and valid military, police, fire or EMT identification). Tickets are just $5 after 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Each day the first 200 show guests will receive a free reusable shopping bag – perfect for collecting information and goodies while browsing the show.
For more information, visit www.southernshows.com/hsr.
[ct id="ct_Address_text_c29d" property="title | description | value"]
About Southern Shows:
Southern Shows Inc. has produced high-quality consumer shows for more than 50 years. Family-owned and operated, Charlotte-based Southern Shows currently produces 17 separate events with a combined audited attendance of more than 600,000. For more information about attending or exhibiting at Southern Shows Inc. events in other markets, visitwww.SouthernShows.com or call 800-849-0248.
[ct id="ct_Phone_text_621b" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Website_text_24ef" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Email_text_4352" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Hours_textarea_25b3" property="title | description | value"]