On Saturday, August 1, the North Carolina Museum of Art will host a Family Campout and Movie. The event features art-making activities, games, a family movie, family yoga, and dinner and breakfast—all outdoors in the Museum Park. Please see details below for consideration in upcoming editorial features or calendar listings.
WHAT: Family Campout and Movie
WHEN: Saturday, August 1 (rain date August 8); see full schedule below
WHERE: North Carolina Museum of Art, Museum Park
PRICE: $80 Museum member family of four or $20 individual; $100 nonmember family of four or $25 individual
DETAILS: Bring your tent, sleeping bags, and lanterns to spend a fun-filled evening under the stars! Enjoy burgers and hot dogs, an art-making activity, the family film The Book of Life (PG), s’mores, and a glow walk in the Museum Park. (Beer and wine will not be sold at this event.) Wake up to doughnuts, coffee, and juice. Participate in family yoga with Evolve Movement and create keepsake poems courtesy of The Poetry Fox before packing out.
- Registration and signed waiver required.
- Saturday Schedule:
- 5–6:30 pm: Unloading and setup. (No early access.)
- 6:30–8:30 pm: Activities, including art making, lawn games, dinner, and s’mores
- 9 pm: Movie, The Book of Life (PG)
- 11 pm: 15-minute glow walk around the pond
- 11:59 pm: Lights out
- Sunday Schedule:
- 7 am: Coffee, juice, doughnuts, The Poetry Fox, coloring station
- 7:30 am: Family yoga, sunrise trek in the Park, break camp
- 10 am: All camping equipment and other personal belongings must be removed by this time.
[ct id="ct_Phone_text_621b" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Website_text_24ef" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Email_text_4352" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Hours_textarea_25b3" property="title | description | value"]