Its 3 days before Thanksgiving – do you have everything you need? For those of you hosting holiday festivities this could be a super stressful week but have no fear, we have some great tips to help make the day enjoyable for everyone.
- Get Your Lists Together:
Writing out your to-do’s and managing lists will help you with time management and ensure everything goes smoothly the day of. Here are some lists we suggest:
- Guest list (note allergies or dietary restrictions)
- Decor – Candles, flowers, table clothes etc.
- Food – What you are making, what other people are bringing
- Family/Kids games – Bananagrams, Cards, Apples to Apples etc.
- Plan Your Cooking Schedule:
Don’t spend the entire holiday in the kitchen! All of your main dishes should be ready to go within 30 minutes after your guests arrive, remember to allot some time for yourself to get showered, changed and ready. Before you get cooking here are some turkey tips:
- Thaw your turkey out 2-3 days prior to roasting
- Submerge and refrigerate the entire turkey in a brine for 8-16 hours prior to cooking, this helps to maintain moisture
- Rinse the brine (inside and out) off the turkey before putting into the oven
- A 14-16 lb turkey should take around 2-2.5 hours in a 500 degree oven
- Don’t forget to let your turkey rest for at least 10-15 minutes before carving, this allows for the juices to settle back into the meat
- Seating Arrangements:
Figure out if you will have a kids table/area, it may be helpful to have a seating chart depending on the number of children and adults at your celebration.
- Game/Cleanup Time:
Family games can be a great way to bring everyone together and create new memories. It also gives you some free time to straighten the kitchen/dining areas up after eating and before the late night snacking begins. Ask 1 or 2 people to help so you can ‘catch up’ and cut cleaning time in half!
- Leftover Love:
Taking home leftovers is probably one our favorite parts of the holidays. Prevent your refrigerator from being stuffed with too many left overs by pre-packing reusable containers for guests to take home. You can stock up on the leftovers you want and guests can easily take what they like without causing a mess.
We hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season![ct id="ct_Address_text_c29d" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Phone_text_621b" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Website_text_24ef" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Email_text_4352" property="title | description | value"]
[ct id="ct_Hours_textarea_25b3" property="title | description | value"]